Winter Getaways Near Sudbury, ONDec 4th, 2017
Winter is upon us, which means it’s time to consider your options for winter getaways near Sudbury, ON to make the most of the season. Whether you’re looking for a snowy adventure in Parry Sound or a cozy weekend away, Palladino Honda has some exciting suggestions for you!
Winter, of course, means skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice skating, and more, all of which can be done near Sudbury, ON.
- Ski Hills: About an hour north of Toronto you’ll find a variety of ski hills, including Blue Mountain, Snow Valley, and Horseshoe Valley.
- Skating Opportunities: Glide down the frozen Rideau Canal for a unique ice skating experience.
- Hiking and Camping: Behind the Simcoe Country District School Board building, you’ll find a number of forest trailheads to set out on a winter hike, and the company Lure of the North organizes winter camping treks just north of Sudbury.
- Snowshoeing and Cross Country Skiing: Head to the Pine Vista Resort in Lakefield for 150 acres of wooded nature trails, which are perfect for cross country skiing or snowshoeing.
- Snowmobiling: At Dunlop Lake Lodge in Elliott Lake, you’ll find more than 95 miles of ATV and snowmobile trails through the northern wilderness.
If you’re looking for something to do to escape from the cold, then consider these options that are ideal for the whole family:
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada: Forget about the frigid temperatures and get up close and personal with sharks, rays, and more aquatic animals at this vast aquarium. Make sure to book your tickets ahead of time.
- Butterfly Conservatories: Take a trip to either the Cambridge butterfly conservatory or the Niagara butterfly conservatory for a tropical haven during the winter months.
- Spas: Whether you go to the Scandinave Spa or the Orchard Valley Spa, winter is the perfect time to pamper yourself.
- Resort Stays: Plan a romantic winter getaway near Sudbury, ON by booking a stay at The Couples Resort in Algonquin Park, or escape the chill of winter for a weekend at Sir Sam’s Inn and WaterSpa.
Enjoy Your Winter Getaway Near Sudbury, ON
The team at Palladino Honda wishes you well as you set off on any of these winter getaways near Sudbury, ON. Check out our list of the best Sturgeon Falls restaurants, and don’t hesitate to contact our dealership for more information on local things to do and places to go!