What is My Car Maintenance Schedule?
Purchasing a new or used car in the Greater Sudbury Area area is only the beginning. In order for your Honda vehicle to continuing serving you for years to come, you need to keep up to date with all routine automotive service. There’s a basic regular maintenance schedule that you should follow, no matter what make or model you drive. Here at Palladino Honda, the technicians in our Service Centre have prepared this detailed maintenance schedule to help you know when to schedule your next service appointment.
These are maintenance checks you should do each month:
- Check to see if the check engine light is on
- Clean the interior and exterior
- Make sure all the interior and exterior lights work
- Check tire pressure and tread
- Make sure windshield wiper fluid is filled
In addition, it’s a good practice to check your oil and coolant levels every time you refuel. This is a good way to make sure that the fluid levels are always correct, and it can also help you catch any leaks or other problems before they become more serious, and more expensive to fix.
Every Three Months or 6,000 km
- Replace engine oil and filter
- Replace air cleaner element
- Check automatic transmission, power steering, wiper fluid levels
- Inspect car battery and cables
- Inspect hoses and serpentine belts
- Chassis lubrication
- Rotate tires
- Replace windshield wipers
- Check all lights inside and out
- Polish your vehicle
Every Six Months or 12,000 km
You should get these car maintenance checks every six months in addition to the three-month services:
- Inspect tie rod ends, steering gearbox, and boots
- Inspect suspension components, including shocks and struts
- Lubricate all hinges, locks, and latches
- Inspect the brake system
- Inspect the exhaust system
Why Follow a Car Maintenance Schedule?
Your car is an intricate machine with many moving parts that require regular care in order to function as they should. By neglecting regular maintenance you risk experiencing serious issues down the road that can result in costly repair bills. Keeping up to date on your routine maintenance will not only ensure that your Honda car, truck, or SUV is always running smooth and safe on the roads in and around Sturgeon Falls, but it will also save you money on genuine Honda auto parts and service.
Trust The Experts at the Palladino Honda Service Centre
When your vehicle is due for routine maintenance, visit our Honda Service Centre in Greater Sudbury. Our specially trained technicians will have you safely back on the road in no time at all. Be sure to check out our rotating service specials to save money, and find out about our lifetime brake pad guarantee. We’re here to help you keep your Honda Civic, CR-V, or Passport in top condition, so come see us today. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.